The Ambani’s are one of the richest business families in India. A brand built by Dhirubhai Ambani, Reliance split into divisions after his death. Anil Ambani, the younger son of Dhirubhai, inherited the parts of Reliance functioning in telecom, entertainment, financial services, power, and infrastructure.
While Anil’s brother, Mukesh Ambani, went on to become the richest man in India by growing and expanding his share of the inherited business, Anil was not able to achieve the kind of success his elder brother did. Nevertheless, Anil’s life experiences are bound to have made him wise.
To help you get inside the brain of Anil Ambani, once the sixth richest man in the world, we collated his quotes and categorized them into the following topics: concentration, money, advertising, business, India, governance & Reliance Industries.
Anil Ambani Quote on Concentration
- “Concentration can be cultivated. One can learn to exercise willpower, discipline one’s body, and train one’s mind.”
Anil Ambani Quote on Money
- “I think you have to work with people, and when I talk about managing relationships, don’t think the derogatory ”managed relationships”. It is a question of sharing emotion and feelings. The common denominator of everything can’t be money, and it should not be money.”
Anil Ambani Quote on Advertising
- “Advertising is about norms and values, aspirations, and prejudices. It is about culture.”
Anil Ambani Quotes on Business
- “The question is where are business ethics and morality if one of the parties wants to dishonor a binding contract, just because in retrospect it realizes it could perhaps have got a better price!”
- “If you look at the top 20 companies of the world, 19 of them are still brick-and-mortar companies. I have nothing against tech companies. What I am saying is that if you have a car manufacturer or an oil and gas manufacturer, you won’t get the supply over the Net.”
- “It is hope in this wider sense which enabled my father to build, from scratch, one of India’s largest modern enterprises. His was an undertaking powered by hard work, initiative, self-belief but, above all else, the capacity, as he would often say, “to dream with your eyes wide open”.
- “I look at Reliance Capitals future with ‘great optimism’.”
- “It’s a history of sorts. We have become the first company to create this kind of wealth for our shareholders without floating an IPO (initial public offering).”
- “Despite a committed reformist mindset at the top, we are still seeing opportunities being denied to new players on grounds of lack of experience.This is the classic chicken-and-egg situation, where nobody wins.”
Anil Ambani Quote on India
- “I am proud to be a Gujarati and above all am extremely proud to be an Indian.”
Anil Ambani on Governance
- “GST is the liberation of our economic imagination. It is our economic freedom.”
- “I am honoured to be invited by our respected Prime Minister Shri Narendrabhai Modi to join the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.’ I dedicate myself to this movement and will invite nine other leading Indians to join me in the ‘Clean India’ campaign.”
Anil Ambani Quote on ‘Being Ambani’
- “I entered KC College in 1975. When I came here for my interview, for my admission, every person I spoke to spoke to me in Sindhi. Be it Kundanani, Bhambani, Nichani, Kevalramani… and they also thought that Ambani was the same. For a moment, I thought that I got my admission at KC College because I have a ‘ni’ in my surname.”
Anil Ambani Quote on ‘Reliance Industries’
- “Sadness… reflecting on the proud legacy of trust and fair play on which Reliance Industries was founded by my visionary father Dhirubhai Ambani, and how far RIL appeared to have moved away from those original values.”
Read Quotes by More Business People
36 Quotes by Sundar Pichai (Sorted By Category)
44 Quotes by Ratan Tata (Sorted by Category)
73 Quotes by Sudha Murthy (Sorted by Category)
46 Quotes by Anand Mahindra (Sorted by Category)